Friendly and professional audiobook services.
Having an extra pair of trained eyes and ears on your audio project can pick up on the things that you’re too close to catch – adding to the overall quality of your finished product. Rates are calculated per finished hour of audio.
As a prooflistener, I:
- Listen along with the original text to make sure there’s no deviation from the script
- Keep track of character voices/accents to ensure consistency (I specialise in British accents)
- Note any disruptive sounds; ambient noise, clicks, breaths, microphone issues etc.
- Collate all my notes in an easy to read format on Google Sheets or Excel spreadsheet
“Nia is an absolute pleasure and a joy to work with. Her attention to detail is top notch and always expressed clearly and efficiently on a well documented spreadsheet. She is professional yet personable and creates a great working relationship!”Diana Croft (audiobook narrator)
If you don’t have time to read and dissect a book between narration projects, this is something you need. Rates are calculated per 10k words.
- Summarising the full book
- Highlighting dialogue and unusual words
- Creating character profiles for main characters and noting voice descriptions
- Breaking down each chapter with a summary and list of speaking characters
- Providing you with a marked up manuscript, word document with collated summaries, character profiles and helpful information, and a pronunciation guide if required
If you’re a self publishing author or ready to give your manuscript a polish before submitting to publishers, this is an affordable and friendly service – my aim is to help you make your book the best it can be and feel confident about letting it out into the world.
- Full check for spelling, grammar, and punctuation as well as consistency throughout
- Proofing can be done either using annotations on PDF or track changes in a Word Document, depending on your preference
- A tutorial on how to use track changes in a Word Document if required
“Nia is absolutely fantastic! She listens with heart and so much knowledge! I have used her for proof listening and accent checker for two novels I have narrated with USA Today Bestselling Author, Chasity Bowlin and her Dark Regency Series. Not only have I used her talents in this way, I have used her as a beta reader and editor for my Southern Haunting Series I have written. Her feedback has had me writing some of my favorite scenes that would not have existed without her. Her level of professionalism is top notch and I can not recommend her enough. You hire her and you will have your project elevated to a level you did not know you could achieve.”– Lillian Yves/LeeAnne Hansen (pen name)